Myanmar Rice Federation (MRF), formally formed in 2012 as a national level Federation, by restructuring and upgrading Myanmar Rice Industry Association (MRIA). MRF represents the private sector of Myanmar rice industry. The strategic institutional members of MRF are Myanmar Rice Millers Association (MRMA), Myanmar Rice & Paddy Traders Association (MRPTA), Myanmar Paddy Producers Association (MPPA), Myanmar Farmers Development Association (MFA), Myanmar Agribusiness Public Corporation Ltd (MAPCO) and Rice Specialization Companies (RSC) and rice exporters. MRF also have individual members, who are farmers, millers, wholesalers, retailers, advisors, professionals in Myanmar rice industry.
The objectives of MRF are to support and implement the sustainable development of Myanmar rice industry by optimizing the effective and efficient utilization of all the available resources in rice industry. MRF is a member-driven Federation, which always acts in the interest for the welfare of members and stakeholders. Moreover, MRF is implementing and encouraging market-based mechanism to ensure supply and price stability, to modernize and upgrade processing and storage facilities, to incentivize producers and stakeholders, and most importantly, to ensure national food security.
About MRF membership
MRF membership is open to both local and foreign applicants. All members are compulsory to follow MRF Constitution, its memorandum and articles of association.
Foreign Membership Procedures :
- Request Letter on Application for Membership addressed to Secretary-General, Myanmar Rice Federation
- Copy of Company Registration or Incorporation Certificate or Copy of Permit or Endorsement from Myanmar Investment Commission (MIC Permit)
- List of Directors or Shareholders of the Company
- Copy of Passport of the Signatory or Authorized Person (preferably MD or Director) who will represent the Company at MRF, and his or her recent Photo
- Membership Fees is 500 USD (one time payment) and annual renewal fees of 300 USD every year to be paid in October, when the fiscal year starts